Oh the joys of having a two year old!

This morning about 5:oo a.m. Bracken started whimpering and crying in his crib. Normally Bracken sleeps great and he never wakes up this early crying the way he did. With that in mind, I decided I would take this oppurtunity to bring him into our bed and get the chance to snuggle with my little guy because it has been probably over a year and a half since he ever did such a thing. Well, what I thought was going to be a peaceful sleep and bring back great memories of him cuddled next to me with his little blankies and his soft purring noises he makes when he snores...boy was I wrong. It started out like i remembered, he snuggled next to me and he made me hold his hand while making sure I did not turn my back on him. So as I am peacefully falling back to sleep (and thinking he is too) I feel a little hand rubbing and patting my hair like a puppy (he has picked up this nack some where and he and his dad think it's hilarious when I am telling Bracken not to pet Mommies hair in church because it will get messed up!). Naturally I smile to the thought that he loves me enough to pet me like he does kermit (monica's dog) and I again drift off into blissful sleep. That did not last! I next feel fingers squirming their way through my lips to scratch my teeth and then he proceeds to stick them up my nose. By now I had to inform Bracken that if he does not lay down he will go back into his crib. So he does so and I begin to fall asleep. All of a sudden I hear this little voice saying "WoW! wowowowowow!" he is now playing with the headboard and looking at me like I cannot be mad because he is discovering things and not playing. Uh....does not fly so he lays down again. This time I do not fall back asleep but pretend to be asleep to catch him in his next act. He actually attempted to make an escape of the bed in the dark! I caught him and said "your done!" He runs across the bed and lays down next to his blankie and duck. To be honest I was curious to know what he would have done if I would have let him make the escape. However, I can just imagine the many Tampons, bobby pins and trucks I would find in the toilet. Back to the story...so now we are both falling asleep and then it happened...he started petting my head. By now I have learned my lesson and now know that a two year old will not snuggle with you like he once did as a baby. Needless to say, he went back to his crib.